An Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for selling corporate products and services while reaching business targets through excellent telephone sales and communications skills. The customer-focused representative will generate phone-based revenue through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Cultivate customer relationships that ensure long term retention and future sales opportunity.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Accurately calculate price quotations, discuss credit terms, prepare sales orders and compile reports with accuracy.
- Respond and follow up with customers in a timely and professional manner.
- Investigate and expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints while managing expectations.
- Source and purchase irregular and/or out of stock items while following up to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure a balance between exceeding customer expectations and achieving business profitability.
- Update changes to existing accounts and enter new customer information into a corporate database.
- Conduct proactive sales efforts to expand business including cold calling prospects.
- Collaborate with management to determine effective strategic sales approaches.
- Other duties as assigned.
Accountabilities of this role are listed below, but are not limited to the following:
- Achieving or succeeding monthly sales quotas as determined by the Branch Manager.
- Assisting in the resolution of customer issues as necessary. Producing and submitting reports, documentation as directed and specified by the Branch Manager
- Reporting customer complaints to the Inventory/Quality Specialist in a timely manner.
- Educate and close prospects and warm leads.
- Work diligently, efficiently and closely with the Outside Sales team to meet the expectations of our client base.
- Qualify prospects, develop & maintain customer relationships throughout the sales cycle, and close sales transactions.
- Demonstrate a desire for professional development.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education and/or experience in cold calling and sales.
- Competitive, and self-motivated attitude.
- Proficient with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong math aptitude.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong customer management and follow-up skills.
- Problem-solving/ conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work well and excel while working with a team or individual.
Rolark is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. Rolark encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform Human Resources of any accommodation you may require during the process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)