450 Centre St N, Napanee, ON K7R 1P8, Canada
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Trainer will be responsible for running the Planet Fitness group fitness program (PE@PF). This includes assisting new members in the achievement of their fitness goals by designing a simple workout program and instructing them on the proper use of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for familiarizing members with the facility, maintaining a comfortable atmosphere for members and visitors, and motivating members that seek support
- Conduct and run the Planet Fitness PE@PF program, including creating and following the schedule
- Consult with members regarding their fitness goals and provide motivation and support
- Instruct and acclimate all members to each piece of equipment in the club ensuring they know how to properly and safely use the equipment
- Create bi-weekly updates consisting of a variety of exercises
- Meet class requirements based on club size and member traffic
- Assist in front desk related activities including:
Answer phones in a friendly manner and assist callers with a variety of questions
Check members into the system
New member sign-up
Take prospective members on tours
- Participate in the daily cleaning of the club and general maintenance of the equipment
- Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner and elevate to Assistant Manager or Manager as needed
- Other duties as assigned based on club needs
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma/GED equivalent required
- A passion for fitness and health
- Upbeat and positive attitude
- Punctuality and reliability are a must
- Exceptional customer service skills; able to interact in a positive and professional way with members and co-workers, exceeding the member’s expectations
- Strong listener with the ability to empathize and problem solve
- Demonstrate diplomacy in all interactions while using appropriate behaviour and language
- Current CPR Certification required
- Personal Training Certification from a preferred association (IFA, ACE or NCSF) is required
- Continual standing, walking, bending, crouching and reaching
- Continual listening and talking in person or on the phone
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs
- Will occasionally encounter toxic chemicals during shift
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest in a position with Taymax Group.
Taymax Group is an equal opportunity employer in the terms and conditions of employment. We believe in providing an inclusive and diverse workplace environment and welcome talent from all backgrounds and perspectives. Our success is directly related to our people and as a company, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse environment where we all work toward our common goal; to enhance people’s lives by providing a high-quality fitness experience in a welcoming, non-intimidating environment, which we can all the Judgment Free Zone. This commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, color, ethnicity, citizenship, place of origin, creed, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability and any other protected characteristic.
Taymax Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation in order to successfully submit an application, please contact Human Resources at hr@taymaxgroup to make an accommodation request.