Whitby Oxford Learning is looking for a committed, reliable and enthusiastic teacher who enjoys working with students in Grades 1-8, especially Math to grade 8. Our Elementary Core Programs offers individual support to students needing to improve their academic skills and study habits. Our students are working to develop either their reading, writing, spelling and/or math skills.
A great candidate for this position will possess the following skills:
- Certified Teacher or currently working towards it is an asset, but not necessary
- Must be working on or have a degree
- Strong English language reading and writing
- Good oral communication skills
- Confident with Math grades 1 to 8
- Strong ability to organize and multi-task
- Good motivational skills and an ability to keep students on task
- A passion for teaching and working with children
- The ability to problem solve and think critically
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate teacher who thrives on seeing students succeed. Interested candidates must be available to work flexible times because of the covid 19 times may change. we are at the moment looking for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4.00pm to 7.00pm and possibly Saturday morning from 9 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. We are looking for someone who can be flexible with there time. This position will start as soon as possible, with training to commence immediately. If you possess all of the above qualities and want to join a high-energy group with a goal to see students succeed, then please contact us. We will contact applicant that have the correct criteria for the position. There will be the opportunity to work remotely at a later date.
Part-time hours: 8 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $15.00-$16.00 per hour
In the center we are following all the covid procedures identified by the local authority.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19