CIVIL PROJECT MANAGER
Floyd’s Construction Limited is currently seeking applicants for the position of Civil Project Manager to join our dynamic team in Rocky Harbour, NL. This individual will support operations in the development, management, and continuous improvement of the bidding and construction management phase.
The Civil Project Manager will be responsible for estimating, project administration and project management and will work closely with other team members.
- Prepare and submit construction tender packages
- Coordinate resources to ensure all bids are submitted on time and are of consistent quality.
- Interact with team members on pricing exercises.
- Calculation of quantities and take offs.
- Request pricing from subcontractors and material suppliers.
- Preparing bid bond and insurance requests for contracts.
- Organize bid submission reviews.
- Plan, schedule, organize, and manage construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, and budget
- Handle project administration, including cost control, schedule control, and change order administration
- Use of a GPS unit and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Monitor and manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects
- Scheduling, coordinating and managing employee and sub-contractor activity
- Completing progress reports
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Civil Engineering Technology.
- 5 years of relevant experience with estimating, management, and contract management.
- High attention to detail.
- Experience with surveying (GPS unit)
- Ability and willingness to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Available to work evenings and weekends
- Overnight travel to job sites
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including meeting facilitation.
- Exceptional written and communication skills.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Project as well as AutoCAD
- Ability to work independently to complete team deliverables.
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Rocky Harbour, NL (Required)
- NL - Newfoundland (Required)