The Occupational Therapist, under the direction of the Manager of Rehabilitation or Clinical Manager- Branch level, is responsible for completion of professional activities that include: assessment, treatment, education, and management of clients requiring Occupational Therapy intervention, in accordance with professional standards.
- Responsible for the assessment of clients, establishment and ongoing evaluation and revision of treatment programs, including goals and discharge plans.
- Maintains current accurate clinical records according to standards set by College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario. Documents assessment results, goals, treatment, client progress and discharge plans.
- Collaborates with other members of the health team as needed.
- Communicated pertinent information and recommendations to clients/care providers and provides education regarding treatment strategies as needed.
- Observes the performance of those assisting in the Occupational Therapy program and provides guidance as necessary.
- Maintain active standing in College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
- Participate in ongoing internal and/or external education activities
- Adhere to Bayshore Therapy & Rehab Policies and Procedures
- Participate in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
- Participate in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
- Maintain confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
- Complete other tasks as requested
"Bayshore Recruiters will not ask for personal banking information during an interview."
Masters Degree or recognized equivalent in Occupational Therapy. Registered and in good standing with College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
Preference of three years providing Occupational Therapy services. Experience with in-home assessments and treatments; knowledge of auto insurance and the legal system, particularly medical/legal report writing is an asset.