- Prepare year end working papers including the following:
- Account reconciliations
- Reconciling balances in client records to statements
- General ledger reviews of client records and preparation of required adjustments
- Preparation of the necessary tax returns/forms.
- Preparation of personal tax returns
- Calculation of payroll deductions and necessary calculations for T4 preparation.
- Monthly accounting and GST preparation.
- Preparation of program applications (including agriculture programs, WCB, personal government programs, etc.)
Job Type / Personal Suitability
We are located in Vauxhall, Alberta and our Professional Chartered Accounting practice is growing. Our well equipped office is completely digital. Scanners, dual screen monitors, high speed internet, and a team of dedicated mentoring employees. This posting is a Full Time permanent position, with 37.5 hours per week.
Effective interpersonal skills. Excellent oral communication. Organized. Judgement, Excellent written communications, Accurate Client focused. Team Player. Reliability, dependability & flexability. Availability to work overtime during tax season and other deadline periods during the year. You will have demonstrated the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and be able to work independently.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Must be a high school graduate
- Successful completion of a college program (CGEEP) or non-university certificate or diploma from program of 1 to 2 years in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Experience using MS Word, MS Outlook, MS Windows, MS Excel Simply Accounting, Quickbooks, ACCPAC Accounting software Caseware/Casereview. is required
Your benefits will include
- Reduced working hours in the summer
- Three personal flex days per year after probationary period is complete
- Opportunity to expand your career through mentoring and professional development
Intended Job Posting Audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $22.00 to $23.00 /hour
- Accounting: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)