\*\*6 MONTH CONTRACT \*\*
Reporting directly to the Ottawa Area HR Manager, the Recruiter will partner with management and Human Resources personnel to deliver recruitment support and establish a solid national recruitment process. The incumbent of this position will be responsible for ensuring that talent needs are met, while effectively managing the full-cycle recruitment process in order to recommend qualified candidates for employment.
1. The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
2. All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
3. Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
4. In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
5. All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Administers the Employee Referral Program where applicable.
- Collects and screens resumes/data through HMS and ensures applicants complete the hiring process via HMC.
- Contacts potential applicants to arrange interviews; conducts employment interviews.
- Coordinates/attends job fairs.
- Ensures annual license renewals are completed and sent to the Ministry on time.
- Maintains a network of recruiting services including Job Services Bureaus and educational institutions.
- Prepares new hire packages; processes reference checks; reviews and processes licenses.
- Sits down with new hire to review all required documentation in new hire package.
- Recruits security personnel in accordance with pre-determined specifications for sites requiring specialized skills.
- Administers Branch Uniform Recovery Program and Uniform Inventory Program.
- Ensures Security Officers are initially uniformed properly.
- Orders uniforms and accessories.
- Responsible for Uniform room (cleanliness organization).
- Updates uniform inventory management list and appointment list.
- Enters new employees into Oracle system
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent relationship building skills and proven ability to provide value added consultative service.
- Bilingual and asset
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse user groups.
- Experience providing recruitment support in a coaching and advisory capacity.
- Strong client service orientation.
- Results orientated, ability to effectively prioritize, multi task several tasks concurrently and a strong sense of urgency.
- Strong telephone and presentation skills.
- Experience working with e-Recruitment tools and Behavioural Based interviews.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the internal/external environment and within the organization.
- Proficient in use of various software applications including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Email.
- College diploma in Human Resources Management or a related discipline preferred and a minimum of three (3) years experience in recruitment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job, as determined by the company.
WORKING CONDITIONS (Physical/Mental Demands):
With or without reasonable accommodation, required the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Maintaining composure in dealing with authorities, senior executives, clients, and staff, occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, and behavioural selection survey.
- Required ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Handling and being exposed to sensitive and confidential information.
- Occasional use of vehicle required in the performance of duties.
- Directing, motivating, training and coaching staff in a positive manner.
- Reading and analyzing reports and data, including computer usage.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: From $40,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Recruiting: 1 year (preferred)