Wildebeest Sous-Chef Position
Wildebeest is looking to hire another Chef! This role offers the opportunity to be creative in a fun and supportive work environment. We work with local suppliers to offer the best of what is in currently in season on our ever-changing menu. We offer discounts not only at Wildebeest but our sister restaurants as well. Wildebeest is owned by Gooseneck Hospitality and therefore offers a unique opportunity for growth within the company. Please send over your resume and a bit about yourself to join our team.
Secondary (High School)
- Food preparation skills (cooking and food handling).
- Supervise up to 12 staff members including different levels of cooks and dishwashers.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Menu planning and preparation.
- Create new recipes and dishes.
- Analyzing food cost and kitchen inventory.
- Ability to run functions, off site events and regular dinner service.
- Attend weekly management meetings.
- Oversee, organize and order kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team Player
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast paced work environment
- On your feet for extended periods of time
- Lifting heavy boxes
How to Apply
By mail: 120 West Hastings St.
In person: 120 West Hastings St.
Between the hours of 11am and 5pm
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 /hour
- Sous Chef: 1 year (Preferred)
- management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Culinary: 2 years (Preferred)