Ceridian is a global leader in Human Capital Management technology. Simply put, we allow our customers to do the most complex things well (HR, Payroll, Benefits Administration, Workforce Management and Talent Management) and do them to scale.
Makes Work Life Better™ is our brand promise, not only to our customers, but to our employees as well. Our flagship platform, Dayforce, helps leaders make smart decisions based on data, strategy and intelligence that create value and maximize productivity.
How do we make work life better?
- By delivering an award-winning product, conceptualized and developed by award-winning leaders, that result in award-winning customer employee experiences
- By hiring highly innovative, diverse talent that fully embraces and embodies our core values in everything they do: Customer Focus, Equity, Shared Ambition, Agility, Transparency, Optimism
- By using modern technology, such as voice-activation with Dayforce Assistant and access to your money as soon as you earn it with Dayforce Wallet to stay in rhythm with the evolving demands of our 4 million global users
We understand that no matter where you are, choosing a new employer is always one of life’s most stressful events. We encourage you to check us out at Ceridian.com to learn more about how we are impacting the world of work for our customers, employees and you!
For this role, we are open to remote work and can hire anywhere in the United States or Canada.
About the Position:
Reporting to the Development Manager, the Software Developer is responsible for designing and implementing new products and features as well completing and augmenting existing solutions and services.
The Developer will collaborate with fellow Developers, QA Analysts, Test Engineers, Technical Product Managers and Technical Writers throughout the development process to ensure the product is functionally complete and well-tested. This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing innovator in a technically challenging and rewarding role.
This role will allow you to join a high performing team of collaborators in delivering high quality software. We are constantly working to build up and enhance our award-winning software solutions and improving our customer’s experience. To do this we are looking for developers who love to excite the users of their software as much as they love the creativity of coding. We are always challenging ourselves to find new ways of solving our customers problems in ways that will delight them. Through our training and mentoring program, you will develop deep technical expertise and gain valuable business and industry related experience. If you like having impact, the opportunities at Ceridian are endless!
- Collaborate within a cross functional distributed team on the design and implementation of new features
- Drive quality and best coding practices daily
- Full stack development on a web application
- Including front end development of high performing UI controls
Nice to have skills:
- Great communication skills
- Able to work with a distributed team
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and development
- Extensive experience in delivering enterprise level software and building high performing applications
- In depth knowledge of C# and .NET framework
- Experience working with React, jQuery
- Experience working with cloud technologies in a microservice architecture
- Experience building high performance and scalable applications
- Experience with or desire to work in an agile development environment
- Must have worked in test automation, unit testing and mocking
- Strong with SQL, TSQL, database design, query optimization
- Experience working with an ORM in an Enterprise SaaS product
- Experience building tools for use by other developers
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and consider and embrace ALL individuals and what makes them unique. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success. We encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by a Ceridian Recruiter with a @ceridian.com email directly from our organization.