The electronic data interchange (EDI) Analyst’s responsibility is to develop, coordinate, implement, and manage all EDI-related developments for the Fastfrate group of companies. Working on the EDI/Development team, this position is responsible for onboarding new customers and suppliers to our EDI system using CLEO and Truckmate/TMW Suite. They coordinate all EDI testing, implementations, and upgrades. Additionally, the EDI Analyst serves as the primary link between the business and any data-trading partners (both suppliers and customers).
- Working with Sales and the Systems team, onboards EDI Customers and Suppliers.
- Acts as point of contact between development staff and internal and external users.
- Provides manager with daily updates on health and status of current production issues.
- Communicates production issues to alert the business of impact.
- Leads, coordinates, and administers key process improvements to Truckmate/CLEO implementations.
- Coordinates with our software suppliers at TMW and CLEO to ensure timely setup or resolution of open EDI issues
- Recommends and executes modifications to EDI to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Establishes and implements policies, procedures, and technologies to ensure EDI and Truckmate/CLEO system integrity.
- Develops and maintains EDI and Truckmate process documentation, EDI and Truckmate training materials and systems documentation.
- Provides orientation and training to end-users for modified and new systems
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems preferred.
- 2 Years of EDI experience, preferably in the transportation industry
- Experience with TMW Truckmate preferred
- Experience with CLEO preferred
- Experience in documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining EDI systems in Truckmate/TMW Suite/CLEO.
- Experience dealing with internal and external EDI customers
- Working in a team oriented, collaborative, fast-paced high demand environment.
- EDI standard formats for transportation including 204, 214, 210, 990, 997
- Knowledge of Rail or Retail EDI would be a bonus
- Working Knowledge of TMW Truckmate and CLEO EDI preferred
- T-SQL knowledge would be a benefit
- Self-Starter who can work on their own and as part of a team
- Good written language skills in English for process documentation
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Knowledge of Crystal Reports design and execution would be a benefit
Job Type: Full-time
- EDI, preferably in transportation industry: 2 years (Preferred)