What does working at CompuVision mean?
Employees at CompuVision are valued for their creative initiative. Our work culture is embedded with a cohesive and collaborative approach, where employees are encouraged to use their talents to assist clients, plan strategy, and work together to create successful end products. We value autonomy and freedom and always take the time to celebrate and reward great work.
Why work for CompuVision?
Our employees are what make CompuVision so successful. We are innovative, creative, and strategic professionals who believe that work and life should be balanced. The work we do is complex, creative, and rewarding, with endless opportunities for growth within the company. With offices in different locations, those with the desire to travel and work in a different city have that opportunity with CompuVision.
CompuVision wants to acquire and retain the best talent in the field. To do this, we offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and generous vacation entitlements. We also make your work-life balance a priority. We entrust our employees to set their own goals and work independently and this trust lends to a friendly, respectful, and strong corporate culture where like-minded team members come together to work collaboratively.
CompuVision attracts those with the desire and drive to become the best in their field; our staff like what they do, and who they do it with.
The Service Desk Technician is responsible for providing technical assistance and support to CompuVision clients related to computer systems, hardware, or software. They are also responsible to respond to client inquiries, running diagnostic programs, isolating problems, and determining and implementing solutions with a defined scope of support.
- Provide end user support to inbound phone requests from end users.
- Triage inbound service requests from CVS clients and determine the appropriate course of action to resolve the issue.
- Use the “Incident Identification” model to identify problems with client computers.
- Install, modify and repair computer hardware & software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve computer problems.
- Tier 1 server & Network device management. (Connectivity issues & New user setup)
- Resolve technical problems with WAN & LAN issues
- Follow-up with clients to assure issue resolution
- Escalate out of scope issues to ROC II team.
- Train and educate CompuVision clients on technical standards.
- Maintain accurate and up to date documentation through the change management process.
- Maintain accurate and real time up to date timesheets.
- Attend monthly training & team meetings as required.
- Participate in the on-call rotation (1 week every 3-4 months)
Education Requirements, Skills, and Knowledge
- Fluent Bilingual (English/French)
- Post-secondary training in Network Administration or Computer Systems Administration, or at least 1 year experience in a technical support/troubleshooting capacity.
- At least 2 years’ experience managing & working with the following technologies:
- Windows XP, 7, 8, 8.1 & 10
- MS Office Suite (2003 & Newer)
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 R2, 2012
- Active Directory User Management
- Terminal Services
- Exchange 2003, 2007 & 2011
This position would work from home, remotely providing support.
*Due to the high volume of applicants, only those candidates that meet the qualifications will be contacted.*
Apply directly at www.compuvision.biz/careers
Job Type: Full-time
- Helpdesk: 1 year (Required)
- French (Required)