MATERIAL TESTING TECHNICIAN
At CAP, we chase chances to demonstrate our ability. There’s a reason we’re so passionate, so driven, and so willing to explore both our own and a new project’s potential. It’s rooted in two words, in an attitude, a culture—one of unquenchable curiosity.
Our mission is to inspire future leaders to shape their own destiny by building tomorrow. How? To feed passion by delivering cool projects that give back.
Our core values make us who we are and what we believe in. They are, in a nutshell:
- People First
- Be Better Together
- Learn and Grow
- Think Big
- Build Relationships
- Be Kind
As a Civil Engineering Technologist / Material Testing Technician, you’ll collaborate with the Engineering Team in tackling various technical and engineering scopes. While qualifications are an asset, we seek an undeterred drive above all else. Successful candidates will relish the opportunity to work in all environments, whether in a large project, a small team, or individually. CAP offers diverse work. Try your hand at new projects, or excel where you’re more experienced.
This is a full-time, temporary position with the potential for transitioning to full-time permanent work.
- Provide technical support to the project management team;
- Various types of material testing on sites in Alberta and BC
- Conduct inspections;
- Preparation of management reports;
- Provide survey support if needed;
- Collaborate with our Team in applying and improving the work process;
- Assist in the organization and management of project resources;
- Participate in the company's safety program.
- Completion of a CET or Engineering program is preferred;
- 2+ years of experience in material testing;
- Survey experience is an asset;
- Project coordination experience is an asset;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Autonomous and organized;
- Good judgement and strong analytical capacity;
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills;
- Valid full driver’s licence with clean abstract;
- CSTS certification.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
- material testing: 2 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)