Are you looking to join a team that rewards and promotes top performers? Would you enjoy working for a reputable, environmentally- conscious company? If so, join Stericycle, where team members can grow/develop their skills and are encouraged to be innovative. Understanding that our full-time team members work hard, you will be rewarded with competitive pay, paid time off and paid holidays, great work-life balance, medical, dental and vision coverage, company-paid life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, and much more! At Stericycle, our company culture is built on a foundation of respect, diversity, commitment, and partnership. Be our newest team member!
Responsible for managing and servicing assigned route for medical/municipal waste pickup ensuring that customer’s needs are met on a continual basis. Manages assigned routes ensuring that customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
Key Job Activities:
- Responsible for picking up and transporting waste safely according to the rules and regulations established by DOT & OSHA.
- Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily manifest provided by Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- Picks up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all Federal, State and Local rules and regulations before transporting.
- Provides the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis communicating any issues to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher for resolution.
- Ensures waste, supplies and material handling equipment is secured prior to operating vehicle on public highways. Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Dispatcher for processing. Communicates with Stericycle Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customers not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Reports any problems/issues with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day. Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation/Dispatcher for follow-up.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Three or more years of Roll off driving experience
- Class 5 minimum requirement ( Class 3 or Class 1 license an asset), with an excellent driving record.
- Demonstrates the ability to read a map.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading, and unloading vehicle. It requires constant mental and visual attention relative to the safe operation of the vehicle. *LI Disclaimer:
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.