Site Superintendent: Midrise/Highrise
S.E.M. Construction is a general contractor based out of London, Ontario that specializes in institutional, commercial and industrial construction, as well as residential apartment buildings. They are Vendors of Record (VOR) for such reputable institutions such as Ontario Infrastructure Lands Corporation (OILC), Western University and London Health Sciences Centre (LHSC). S.E.M. Construction is an equal opportunity employer.
Role: Midrise & Highrise Site Superintendent (Full Time)
Experience: 5+ years (in current role)
Education: Advanced Diploma in related coursework (CMY, ATY, etc.)
Certification: Gold Seal (preferred)
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Site Superintendent:
1. Lead and develop 2 & 4 week look ahead schedules as required.
2. Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
3. Communicate with Project Team regarding RFI’s, SI’s, Material Submittals & Schedule.
4. Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
5. Maintain daily log (Fieldwire) of activities on the jobsite.
6. Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
7. Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
8. Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
1. Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the jobsite.
2. Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
3. Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
- Provide direction to and resolve problems amongst 30+ subcontractors and vendors.
- Ability to identify deficient work and provide resolution.
- Communicate using the following tools: telephone, Fieldwire, email, computer, etc.
Competitive compensation package including:
· Competitive salary plus performance-based bonus
· Competitive comprehensive benefits coverage
· Reimbursement of annual dues for professional organizations
Reference ID: Site Superintendent : Midrise/Highrise
Application deadline: 2021-10-07
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Construction: 1 year (preferred)