We are in immediate search of licensed 1st Year Electrical Apprentices. We are a non-union commercial electrical contractor working in the Greater Toronto area. The incumbent must be able to work independently.
This position is responsible for providing skilled labor relative to the installation of lines, fixtures, plugs, switches, and other electrical components. And, will report directly to a Foreman.
· Receives and organizes materials, handles general clean up and housekeeping.
· Transport materials and/or equipment to requested locations on the job site.
· Install lighting fixtures as directed.
· Completes simple electrical connections as directed (i.e., 2x4 florescent fixtures).
· Responsible for adherence to all safety regulations and rules.
· Participate in safety training as required and carry a copy of standard safety certificates.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
· On-the-job Pre-apprenticeship Electrical Training in preparation for a 309A License.
· Knowledge in the use of basic hand tools.
· Knowledge in the use of basic power tools.
· Knowledge of basic electrical components (switches, etc.).
· Tenacity and the determination to get things done.
· Analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
· Good communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with others
· Company offers group benefits and deferred profit sharing
· **Salary is commensurate with experience**
· **Will work in the Greater Toronto area**
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $16.72-$20.44 per hour
We are following all the government guidelines and are also ensuring that the various sites are being monitored by the constructors and have all appropriate sanitation and protocols in place. We supply masks and gloves if required and any additional PPEs.
- Do you live in or within a commutable distance of Etobicoke or the Greater Toronto area?
- Do you have at least (1,000) hours of On-the-Job Electrical Pre-apprenticeship Training experience? Please note that academic (school) hours do NOT qualify.
- On-the-job Electrical Pre-apprenticeship Training: 1 year (required)
- High-rise (ex: roughing-in sites, boxing, piping, etc.): 1 year (required)
- Slab (ex: layout, running, coreline, tying, etc.): 1 year (required)
- Drivers License and reliable transportation (required)