Job title :
COMMUNITY HEALTH WORKER – CASTLEGAR
CASTLEGAR HOME SUPPORT
PERMANENT PART TIME (0.92 FTE)
Castlegar Home Support is seeking a Permanent Part Time Community Health Worker to join their team! The ideal candidate will have completed a health care assistant program, current registration with the BC Care Aide Registry, and a passion for providing client-centered care.
As a Community Health Worker, you will work as part of a dynamic team of Nurses and LPNs who support Community Clients’ independence and ability to stay at home. Community Health Workers provide home support services to clients, by assisting with personal care and daily living, while promoting maximum independence. Community Health Workers are key players in the home health care plan for each client.
Typical duties include:
- Activities of daily personal care, such as bathing, dressing, grooming and oral hygiene
- Household duties related to maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the home
- Meal preparation in accordance with designated plans
- Assistance with mobility and transfers
- Observing and reporting changes in client behaviour and condition
- Performing delegated tasks according with training and procedures
This is a Permanent Part Time opportunity working rotating evening shifts from 15:00 to 23:00.
Because you are required to use your own vehicle to travel to clients’ houses, we provide an insurance differential as well as reimbursing your mileage. In addition, this position also qualifies for our full comprehensive benefits plan including health and welfare benefits, paid vacation and sick time and a great pension plan.
If you are looking for the opportunity to work regular hours with a fun, supportive and progressive team, apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum.
**Any position that is required to enter a LTC/AL/MH facility to provide services, the successful candidate of that position will be subject to the PHO Order regarding mandatory vaccination.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Grade 12
- Graduation from a recognized Resident Care Aide/Home Support Worker Program, or an equivalent combination of education, training and relevant experience
- BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker registry (please include your number)
- Current valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a reliable vehicle