Position: Casual Shelter Worker
Employment Type: Permanent Casual
Hours of Work: Hours vary depending on coverage needs (must be available to work, days, afternoons, evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays
To ensure women and children, who are victims of domestic violence and homelessness are provided a safe, secure environment. As well, to provide professional, supportive crisis counselling, information and referrals concerning options related to housing, legal issues, social assistance, and other related issues.
- Post-secondary education or equivalent in Social Work, Social Service Worker, or other related fields;
- Three years experience in a residential setting would be asset;
- Eligible for membership with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers would be an asset;
- Excellent understanding of the dynamics of family violence and its impact on women and the issues they face;
- Excellent working knowledge of telephone crisis intervention and one to one crisis intervention;
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations from an intersectional, inclusive, and anti-oppressive lens is essential;
- Excellent knowledge and experience with safety planning;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal skills;
- Ability to work shifts in accordance with shelter needs (includes days, evenings, overnights, weekdays and weekends) is essential;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and to work as part of a team;
- Computer literacy essential;
- Must have a valid Emergency First Aid/CPR Certificate;
- Crisis Prevention/Intervention training is an asset;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30lbs.
- Provide crisis intervention, supportive counselling, safety planning, and referrals to women and their children who are victims of domestic violence;
- Provide information and options concerning housing, legal and social assistance issues;
- Assist “walk-in” clients and provide supportive crisis counselling, safety planning, and appropriate referrals;
- Complete all documentation and data base entries;
- Provide an orientation of the shelter and explanation of the routines to new residents;
- Assist in maintaining the residence in a clean and orderly fashion;
- Participate in committees as requested;
- Adhere to all agency Policies and Procedures, at all times;
- Assume on-call responsibilities as required;
- Assume other duties as required.
- Ensure residents receive appropriate and timely crisis counseling;
- Complete client intakes into the shelter;
- Ensure safety issues are addressed for residents;
- Complete all documentation and data base entries in a timely manner;
- Complete shift changes in an efficient and timely manner;
- Arrive on time for scheduled shifts and meetings;
- Ability to accept any shifts on short notice
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures at all times;
- Adhere to client confidentiality;
- Work cooperatively with all staff, volunteers and members of the community at large to serve the best interests of the agency;
- Maintain a professional image with clients and the community.
If you require accessibility accommodations during the recruitment process, please notify us to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
Nova Vita is an equal opportunity employer and strives to be reflective and inclusive of the communities we serve. We encourage individuals who identify as Indigenous, racialized, immigrant, LGBTQI+, or disabled to apply.
We appreciate your interest in this employment opportunity, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a covering letter and resume to:
Nova Vita Domestic Violence Prevention Services
Attention: Katie Maas, Manager of Residential Services
59 North Park Street
Brantford, ON N3R 4J8
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $23.59 /hour
- English (Required)