West Pointe Building Services – Calgary, AB
The Project Manager (PM) will be responsible for all aspects of project management, including startup, obtaining building permits, preparing tenders, budgets, estimates and construction schedules. The PM will work with internal and external construction personnel to ensure project construction is executed in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining integrity of design, and will work closely with the organization to ensure feasibility and costing of projects.
- Review with the Estimator to understand the job scope, contents of estimate, and intended schedules.
- Review design options, to understand the costs, quality and availability of materials.
- Reply to all RFI’, etc.
ON-GOING PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare project files and document submittals.
- Coordinate pre-start up meetings with client representative and all trades involved.
- Understand and assist in planning and executing work procedures; scheduling, managing and maintaining projects and budgets, work with operations to help coordinate various phases of construction to prevent delays.
- Assist Operations with change orders to ensure additional work is properly completed.
- Ensure projects are completed within schedule and on budget while providing a high level of customer service to clients.
- Provide comprehensive project management throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Manage the health of the project and work with Operations to receive all appropriate documentation and communication.
- Monitor project progress, update project information, ordering materials for ongoing projects, coordinate components for projects and meet with suppliers and clients.
- Manage customer experience with various project issue.
- Manage progress invoicing.
- Monitor and complete hourly payroll.
- Work with team to track inventory.
- Assist accounts receivable collections with customers.
- Close communication and reconciliation of field data with the accounting department for all project and services.
POST PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare all the necessary closeout documentation such as as-built plans, warranty forms, etc.
- Ensure all project deficiency is addressed prior to closing of the project.
Skills and Training
- BS Degree in construction management, architecture, engineering or related field
- Excellent project management skills
- Competencies surrounding building products, construction details and relevant rules, regulations and quality standards
Experience and Expectations
- Basic estimating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and other related systems.
- Proficiency and familiarity with a variety of roofing systems.
- Must be comfortable with heights and climbing of ladders, scaffolds, etc.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment may be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.).
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry heavy objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
- Requires ability to climb ladders for heights of up to 60 feet.
- May be exposed to loud noise.
- Excellent stamina is required.
- Hazards associated with the construction industry.
West Pointe is the premier roofing company within the industry and aims to deliver the highest quality and customer service in the commercial roofing and building envelope services industry. We deliver reliable roofing systems and services attending to the life cycle costing, technical support, education of the envelope of each project and lives to the terms and conditions of all warranted systems and beyond.
Why West Pointe
West Pointe’s main goal is to help organizations achieve success. That is why we go above and beyond to demonstrate our commitment to our customers, ensure the safety of our employees, and protect our communities with the highest degree of integrity and enthusiasm. We are committed to sustainable and ethical growth where you can contribute in a meaningful way.
Start your career at one of Alberta’s leading companies. We are looking for people who have the best to offer and provides the same in return. We offer competitive and comprehensive compensation wages, an industry leading benefits package, tuition re-imbursements, and health & wellness programs.
West Pointe Building Services is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process.
Job Type: Full-time
- commercial roofing: 1 year (Preferred)
- project management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) (Preferred)
- English (Required)