We are currently looking to hire an experienced Shop Foreman (Manager) with cabinetry making experience who is capable and willing to think outside the box!
We specialize in custom residential and commercial cabinetry.
An ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Experience in managing a woodworking shop
- Successfully performed all aspects of cabinetry production and was able to supervise other team members
- Understanding and ability to interpret shop drawings in both imperial and matric systems; and make necessary corrections with the design team
- Experience with Blum hardware
- Experience in working with laminate and veneer products
- Specialty cutting and assembly methods
- Must be able to operate woodworking machinery such as table saw, miter saw, planer, shaper and various other tools
- Basic knowledge of computer softwares (Microsoft Word and Excel, AutoCAD, Sketchup)
- Build and communicate timeline expectations, adhere to production goals related to due dates and ship time
- Meet production quality expectations – ensure everyone knows what the expected outcome is for each task
- On-site (shop and job site) inspections and problem solving. Ability to address the problem and come up with a solution
- Ability to evaluate each and every team member and build work plans that fully utilize everyone's skills
- Keep track of stock hardware and notify order desk of any shortage
- Ensure clean and safe environment in the shop is kept at all times
- Accountable for coaching employees and recruiting new talent
The right candidate will join a company that supports:
- Career development through personal growth and learning
- Above average compensation through base pay and bonuses
- Must be a team player!
If you love woodworking and willing to work hard, your place is with us!
This is a full-time position and wage will be negotiated based on skills.
Bonuses and raises will be set based on performance.
Only candidates with Canadian work permit will be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
- Cabinet Making : 5 years (Required)
- Woodworking Production Management: 5 years (Required)
- Team Management: 5 years (Required)