Job Description: Sr. Sales Business Development Manager
COMPASS FOOD SALES CO. is the leading supplier of dried fruit and baking nuts in Canada. We are 47 years young and continuing with fervent energy on an accelerated path to growing the healthy food category globally. At Compass, we create an inclusive team culture where everyone has an opportunity to be heard, contribute and grow together. We stand behind our quality products and winning team culture.
Due to our continuous growth, we are recruiting a Sr. Sales Business Development Manager to grow our business in through innovation, new routes-to-market and channels, to expand the category and grow internationally.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with outstanding people and communication skills that is a true “go-getter” and thrives on finding, developing, building and augmenting new business relationships resulting in sustainable and profitable sales growth.
The role is responsible to build sales plans to achieve both customer and Compass strategic goals.
- Identify, develop and cultivate both existing and new business relationships within the Food Manufacturing / Industrial, Food Service and Retail channels in Canada and globally.
- Build a strategic sales plan that identifies new opportunities in both traditional retail and e-commerce. Create a go-to-market strategy. Execute flawlessly on the plan annually.
- Find new opportunities in Canada, North America and globally as appropriate to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Attend industry/network events to build new relationships and provide feedback and information on market trends.
Sales & Marketing
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales strategy to increase sales and customer base.
- Accountable for all business & sales planning and item forecasting for customers in sales channel to support the sales strategy.
- Lead regular business meetings with various accounts including meeting preparation, POS/Ship data analysis, action plans and appropriate follow-ups.
- Manage day-to-day account details internally and externally including order/shipping follow-up, in-store distribution, sales information/product samples, quote sheets and item set-up & requests from accounts.
- Interact and lead regularly with cross-functional Compass teams to support and enhance the business.
- Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting (product sales, market status, consumer/shopper trends, etc.).
- Be responsive to customer needs and follow through on all aspects of customer requests, both written and verbal.
- Make presentations to various groups, at different levels, internally and externally
- Ad-hoc reports and projects as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for:
Qualifications & Key skills
The new Sr. Sales Business Development Manager must have prior experience at leading CPG and/or food manufacturing & distribution organizations.
§ 3-5 years minimum experience in CPG, food manufacturing and/ or distribution sales & business development in the Industrial, Food-service & Retail sales channels
§ US / Global sales experience is an asset
§ E-commerce experience is an asset
§ Education Level: Bachelor's Degree preferred, in business or a related field
§ Self-motivated, with strong initiative and ability to work independently
§ Entrepreneurial mindset with strong ability to explore, identify, develop and nurture new sales opportunities
§ Strong analytic, organizational and follow through skills
§ Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships with business partners and team
§ Strong organizational & analytical skills, including sales forecasting
§ Technology-savvy individual with excellent MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
§ Required: Travel as necessary, related to job duties as described
The Requirements of this position may change from time to time in accordance with the changing conditions of the business. Therefore, Compass requires the incumbent to be flexible and to assume any corresponding changes in responsibilities.
What it is like to work here:
· We work together as one team
· We innovate to grow
· We execute on our strategic plans
Compass Food Sales Co. Ltd. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to the principles of diversity and employment equity.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00-$110,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Work from home
- CPG - Consumer Goods: 3 years (required)
- US / Global sales: 3 years (preferred)
- Business development: 3 years (required)