Calling all Frontline Heroes who are ready to make a difference!
We are currently looking for people who can work all shifts.
We are painfully aware of the impact that COVID-19 has had on our society. Unfortunately, long-term care and retirement communities have felt this impact even more so, given we take care of the most vulnerable population.
We are looking for that special someone who is ready to join our team and help save the lives of our senior population. If you are passionate about making a difference, have a strong moral compass, and are committed to teamwork, this is the right opportunity for you!
Fiddicks Nursing and Retirement Home Ltd. has a proud legacy of compassionate and quality CARE and services. This reputation is built on the talents of our employees and our community service providers. These individuals are the team and exemplify the foundation of all we represent. If you are passionate about making a difference in the life of others and are looking for a meaningful job with a purpose, join our team to make lives better at Fiddicks Nursing and Retirement Home Ltd!
We are looking for compassionate resident attendants / personal support workers PSW to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities may include:
- Personal Care provided in a dignified manner
- Personal Bathing
- ADL's (Mobility / Transfers / Toileting / Dressing / Bathing / Personal Hygiene / Oral Care / Bed Mobility
- Mobility and repositioning
- Safety and Supervision
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Assistance as per individual care plans
- Provide snacks and refreshments
- Documentation using P.C.C
- Provide cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to
- Ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting/transferring residents
- Other tasks as assigned
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures
EDUCATION AND / OR EXPERIENCE
- Graduation from a recognized approved college, and holds a Personal Support Worker/Health Care Aid certificate (please send a copy of certification with your resume as part of the application process)
- Experience in Long Term Care or geriatrics preferred
· Experience performing safe lifting and transferring
- Computer experience preferred- Point Click Care
- Excellent team building, communication and time management skills
- Familiar with the Ministry of Long-Term Care Standards Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
LANGUAGE / REASONING SKILLS
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one to one and small group situations to team,
- customers and residents.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems in unpredictable situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel and/or crouch.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must follow transfer and lift policies for safe practice, but also be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Reasonable accommodations many be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all current PPE practices
- Performing all work in accordance with the policies & procedures of Fiddicks Nursing Home and Ontario Health & Safety Act as related to Long-Term Care.
- Attending all mandatory in-services according to the policies & procedures of the facility.
Fiddicks Nursing Home & Retirement Home Ltd. believes in the principles of C.A.R.E:
Compassion | A_ccountability | Respect | E_xcellence.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $20.13 per hour
- Company pension
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)