Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, the Physiotherapist is responsible for the provision of holistic patient-centered care in accordance with the standards of practice of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario. The Physiotherapist is responsible for assessment, implementation and evaluation of treatment interventions, discharge planning and/or other services for assigned patient care unit(s) and/or programs.
The Physiotherapist will be part of the RECOVER Program which focuses on survivors of critical illness from UHN ICU who require transitional rehabilitative care. The goal of the RECOVER program is to facilitate transitioning critically ill patients to the community.
TGHCPost-Acute Care Rehabilitation (PACR) and Complex Continuing Care (CCC) programs provide care for individuals with medically complex conditions who require integrated, comprehensive, low-tolerance, and long-duration rehab interventions. The aim of the service is to assist the patient to achieve the optimum level of mobility and physical functioning in order to improve quality of life.
Within the vision, mission, and values of the Toronto Grace Health Centre, she/he assumes a leadership role in developing partnerships with patients, families and health care professionals to ensure optimal care delivery.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the provision of patient care utilizing current physiotherapy best practice standards and the principles of patient-centered care in accordance with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Develops, implements, and modifies the individualized care plan based on physiotherapy assessment findings, goals, evidence, and outcomes.
- Evaluates the individualized care plan through discussion with the patient and/or family and in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team on an ongoing basis.
- Supervises Physiotherapist Assistants and assigns interventions to the Assistants based on their knowledge, judgment, and skill level while retaining overall accountability for the care given in accordance with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario standards.
- Provides supervision to physiotherapy students and volunteers in accordance with the standards of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Acts as a resource and advocates for patients and families and colleagues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Completion of Master’s Degree in Physiotherapy or recognized equivalent.
- Current registration in good standing with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Rostered with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario for administration of substance by inhalation and tracheal suctioning.
- Current Basic Cardiopulmonary Life Saving course.
- Must be available to work one weekend day per week
- 1 year work experience in the following settings: inpatient hospital/ rehab/ CCC preferred.
- Experience in the assessment and treatment of cardiorespiratory, neurological, orthopaedic, geriatric, and ventilated populations an asset.
- Complies with the standards, codes of conduct, and regulations of the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario and with the Regulated Health Professions Act.
- Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to be flexible and work independently in a changing environment.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills/problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to work as a member of an interprofessional team.
- Must have the physical strength, flexibility and endurance to perform the role as determined by the physical needs of the position based on assessment conducted by Occupational Health Services.
- Demonstrated computer skills knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Excellent attendance record
Job Type: Full-time
- Physiotherapist (Preferred)