Mitchell Eye Centre currently has career openings for experienced professionals based in Calgary. If you are interested in joining a patient-focused, state-of-the-art ophthalmic practice and working with an exceptional team, please get in touch with us.
Ophthalmic Medical Receptionist
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Starting Date: Immediately
Job Description: To provide clerical duties at both locations of Mitchell Eye Centre, located on the first and third floor of the Southern Alberta Eye Centre.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Checking in and checking out all patients
- Answering/ directing all calls and e-mail requests for appointments
- Booking and maintaining appointments/ schedules for 5+ specialists
- Providing patients with product and service information
- Educating patients on products offered by Mitchell Eye Centre
- Data entry (patient demographics and information accurately into practice management and EMR systems.
- Completing call logs on a daily basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
You must be able to adapt and change to an environment with ever-changing technologies, procedures, and maintain the highest standard of best practices.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate MOA, Optometric/ Ophthalmic experience considered an asset
- Must be based in Calgary, Alberta and eligible to work in Canada
- Minimum one year previous work experience within an ophthalmic or optometric practice
- Excellent communication skills
- Patient-focused with a professional attitude
- Excellent time management skills
- Fluent in secondary languages considered an asset
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills within a Windows office environment
Job Type: Full-time
- within an ophthalmic/ optometic: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)