Given that you’ve chosen insurance as your field of study, you likely already get that insurance is an important part of our social safety net, despite what you might hear from others about the industry!
If you’re anything like our current staff, you likely chose this path as you want to help people, become an expert in your field, and work in a long-standing and stable environment. You also want more than just a job, you want a career path and a place you can call home after you graduate.
If that sounds like you then we would love to talk to you about an internship/co-op/summer opportunity with us.
An internship/co-op/summer placement is an ideal gateway into the brokerage side of insurance and our hope is for it to be the start of a career path toward a future full-time opportunity with us when you graduate. It’s a great way to put all that learning and theory into practice. If you’re willing to put in the work and the effort, we are willing to commit the time and energy to train you and pay for your licencing/courses.
We have always found that the best place to start your insurance career is in support as it gives you a great overview of our processes, an opportunity to learn about our insurance partners’ products, and a great building block to a career in insurance.
In this role, you get to play to your strengths and work autonomously yet be part of a larger team. You will serve as an ambassador of our company’s brand promise through attention to detail, teamwork and and passion to learn something new.
So What Will You Spend Your Days Doing?
Working as part of a team, you will ...
- Assist the Personal Lines Service Brokers in processing client requests.
- Data entry into carrier insurance portals and broker management systems.
- Validate information and conduct preliminary investigation if discrepancies exist between broker quote and portal results. Review discrepancies with brokers and/or work with carriers/brokers to obtain missing information.
- Liaise with insurance carrier partners to process and submit change requests and follow up to ensure we have all the necessary documentation in place.
- Support invoicing by troubleshooting discrepancies and duplicates, backing out/overriding entries in the system to ensure consistencies between broker and carrier systems.
- Help create a customer-centric mindset and culture.
§ Preference given to those pursuing their education in an insurance-related program.
§ Attention to detail and being organized is a must.
§ Know how to prioritize and handle multiple competing priorities yet not get frazzled.
§ Willingness to learn and be a true team player.
We are committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Please advise us should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment & selection process.