Reporting to the Supervisor, Facilities Services, is responsible for contract life cycle activities and documentation associated with facilities operations and maintenance contracted services; participating in contract management and procurement processes review to optimize and streamline life cycle contract management; ensuring due diligence and compliance to related standards; participating in vendor responses, awards, contracts, purchase orders, and related documentation ensuring all legal requirements and standards are met; completing and participating in site inspections to ensure services provided are in compliance with contracts; and ensuring follow up on identified issues with vendors throughout the contract lifecycle, including actively participating in vendor reviews, and preparing reports and studies, as required.
- Successful completion of a College Diploma in Finance, Business Administration, Law or related field or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Successful completion of one of the following certification programs as a Certified Professional Public Buyer (C.P.P.B.) with the National Institute of Government Purchasers and/or Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) with Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA).
- Minimum three (3) years’ demonstrated related experience in a public sector environment in procurement, contract management, including contract interpretation and processing, and experience dealing with a variety of purchases for both goods and services.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software applications.
- Familiarity with purchasing principles and practices preferably within a public sector environment.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” driver’s license free of serious offences under the Highway Traffic Act and reliable vehicle for use on corporate business.
How to Apply
Please apply online by February 24, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
$40.60 to $44.12 per hour. This is a Union position - CUPE Local 905 (York Region Unit)