At the University of Manitoba our strength lies in our community — individuals who are driven by curiosity and work together to shape a better world.
Our commitment to discovery encompasses everything we do; from the education we offer students to the workplace we offer employees. Experience top benefits, world-class facilities and a community that inspires one another to carve their own path.
Recognized as one of Manitoba’s Top 25 Employers for nine consecutive years and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, UM is ready to help you take the next step in your career!
As an integral member of the specialized Asper Accreditation Unit, the Accreditation and Strategic Advisor will ensure that the proper processes and monitoring are in place for the upcoming accreditation cycles. The work will include developing, implementing, and managing a systematic review process, with a focus on data collection and analysis. This will include the collection and management of sensitive and confidential information of teaching staff, such as educational qualifications and credentials, work experience, service activities, information on committee membership, grants, etc.
As well, the Accreditation and Strategic Advisor supports the Asper Accreditation Unit in staying at the forefront of knowledge related to requirements and standards for AACSB (and other accreditation initiatives), including business-school and program-specific rankings. As such, the incumbent of this role will provide confidential and strategic advice to the Dean and leadership team to ensure we are meeting and maintaining accreditation requirements. They will carry out a complete analysis of Asper’s current state and recommend accordingly, which could include organizational staffing and structure recommendations, faculty member requirements, and revisions to curriculum. The Asper Accreditation Unit tracks metrics to ensure that the Asper School of Business maintains the required processes and performance for AACSB accreditation and future efforts toward other accreditation initiatives. The Asper Accreditation Unit works closely with the Accreditation Committee, which supports the Unit and contributes to the activities associated with assurance of learning/program assessment and closing the loop on continuous improvement.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
· Undergraduate degree in a related discipline is required.
· Master level education (preferably in Business or closely related area) is strongly preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of working experience in a higher education institution is required.
· Minimum of 5 years working with accreditation and ranking processes in a business school is required.
· Experience in designing and leading quality improvement projects for higher education institutions is required.
· Experience in conducting strategic planning for large academic or industry institutions/organizations is required.
· Experience in conduction accreditation self-assessments and development of action plans is required.
· Supervisory experienced is desired.
· Experience with collecting and managing large amounts of data desired.
· An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
· Comprehensive group benefits program and pension plan.
· Employee and Family Assistance Program.
· A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s career portal, UM Careers where you will find the full job specification: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=16770
Closing Date: August 26, 2021
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from women, racialized persons, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual and gender identities, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of "The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy" (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $56,747.60-$75,857.60 per year
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement