For those who dream of advancing our space in the Universe and on Earth, we’ll take you there.
Serving the world from our Canadian home and our global offices, MDA is an international space mission partner and robotics & space operations, satellite systems and Geointelligence pioneer with a 50-year story of firsts on and above the Earth. Today, we're leading the charge towards viable Moon colonies, enhanced Earth observation, communication in a hyper-connected world, and more.
We’re fueled by a pioneering spirit that carries us beyond. And together we enable highly skilled people to continually push boundaries and tackle big challenges requiring solutions that endure and inspire.
Our mission is to turn data into insight. From detecting changes in fragile ecosystems to monitoring northern ice floes and shipping routes, our near-real time data of Earth observation and the environment makes our Geointelligence team a leader in geospatial imagery, ground stations, enterprise geospatial systems and defence programs.
We’re on the hunt for a talented Security Analyst Co-op Student to join the Engineering team at our Richmond B.C. office for 4 months, starting in May 2021. The successful candidate will work with cutting edge of developing secure systems within an Engineering organization to support the definition of a secure systems delivery model for customers around the world.
- Developing security related artefacts supporting secure systems development
- Investigation and analysis of security tools for use in the development, assessment and test of secure systems
- Investigation and integration of tools and technologies to be incorporated into the MDA DevOps environments
- Supporting the development of security documents (e.g. specifications, test plans, reports); and
- Working hands on in a lab and integration environment.
- Enrolled a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science or other relevant field focusing on information security
- A keen interest in information security and a desire to learn more on how we need to build systems that can be trusted.
The qualifications below are a big plus, but not required
- Experience working with information or human security concepts including tools such as Metasploit, Kali Linux, Snort, Wireshark
- Experience with scripting languages in both/either Linux and Windows environments
- Experience with cloud or distributed networking environments
- Experience in application, user, network, mobile or cloud security
- Experience with social media security concepts
- Secure software development standards
- Java, C/C++, Python, Ruby, and/or SQL Language(s); and
- Virtualization Technologies
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We’re a dream team of purpose-driven, collaborative and passionate people, and we are constantly looking for others to join #TeamMDA to ignite new and innovative approaches to problem-solving that push us forward to improve life on and above Earth. If you’re excited to expand our place in space and driven to inspire the next generation, we’ll take you there.
We have entered a new era of exploration and development, and MDA welcomes all who yearn to suit up and be part of it. An equal opportunity employer prizing diversity, integrity and collaboration, we are committed to growing MDA’s and Canada’s leadership in this next golden age.
MDA is an equal opportunity employer prizing diversity and inclusion. We are committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity. If you require assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please feel free to notify us.
Reference ID: R09790
Contract length: 4 months
Expected Start Date: 2021-05-03
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: Up to $1.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Strengthening our workforce is more important than ever to meet our customers’ mission-critical needs. We are continuing to hire many talented people, and we are closely monitoring COVID-19 to ensure safe hiring practices are used