Position: Support Worker Type: Relief
Posting #: 2310-RW-210303
Hourly Rate: $20.52
Schedule: varied shifts/around-the-clock
Weekends, Weekdays & Stat Holidays
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver (EFry) is a charitable organization that supports women, girls and children at risk, involved in or affected by the justice system. Our programs work to break the cycle of poverty, addiction, mental illness, homelessness and crime.
Located in Surrey, Ellendale and Cradle workers support women with substance use issues to live in a communal full-time live-in structured stabilization and transitional living residence in Surrey. Support workers are responsible for case planning, group facilitation, linkage with community resources, transition planning, and the day to day running of the facility. The program has two streams comprised of up to 10 women who may reside for 3-5 months; and 12 expectant and new mothers and babies who may reside for up to eight months.
· Model positive, healthy behaviours and build rapport with clients, supporting them as they practice setting boundaries, effective communication skills, conflict resolution, and contribute a safe, respectful
· Monitor the program and clients to ensure a welcoming, safe, supportive environment that meets
all Community Care Licensing Standards
· Document and maintain accurate records of client, program and case planning activities
· Facilitate bio-psycho-social activities and educational groups
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A Diploma or Certificate in a related human/social services field plus one (1) year experience in a similar environment, preferably with substance-use services or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Understanding of cultural safety and trauma-informed practice
- Experience working in a licensed facility is an asset
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Food Safe Level 1 and First-Aid Certificate, including CPR-C required
- Evidence of a Tuberculosis Test and compliance with the TB Control program
· Doctor’s note of fitness required
· Satisfactory Criminal Record Review (Vulnerable Sector Search)
· Applicants with valid driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s abstract preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs.
This position requires union membership.
EFry is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applicants that represent those we serve. We welcome applicants with non-traditional educational backgrounds and field experience.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume.
Please note only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No phone calls please.
Reference ID: Posting #: 2310-RW-210303
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Salary: $20.52 per hour
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place