Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
Reporting to the Program Manager of Diagnostic Imaging, and working closely with the Charge Technologist and Radiologist, the Medical Radiation Technologist (MRT), performs all magnetic resonance examinations, according to the Standards of Practice, and is responsible to ensure quality patient care is provided.
- Member in good standing of the College of Medical Radiation and Imaging Technologists
of Ontario (CMRITO)
- Graduate of an accredited program of Medical Imaging
- MRI certification
- Possess valid liability insurance as defined by the CMRITO
- Must be able to perform IV injections
- Initiative, organizational, and decision-making skills are essential
- Strong computer skills
- Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to deal courteously and
effectively with physicians, patients, and other members of the healthcare team
- Must be available to work all shifts including weekends and stat holidays
- Performs all magnetic resonance procedures according to the Standards of Practice
- Ensures proper screening procedure for the patient and anyone else entering the magnet room
- Performs Quality Assurance procedures as set by department standards
- Responsible to ensure adequate level of products and supplies to support daily operations
- Archives/retrieves data to/from PACS
- Reports equipment deficiencies to the Charge Technologist/Manager
- Injects contrast agent as directed by the MRI radiologist
- Instructs students during clinical rotation when required and participates in evaluating student’s progress
- Assists in the orientation and training of new technologists
- Demonstrates willingness to provide the highest quality service appropriate to the position based on the concept and philosophy of continuous and quality improvement
- Demonstrates courteous behavior through polite and respectful communication with all co-workers and patients
- Participates in continuing education in order to increase his/her own professional growth and development
- Takes on call rotation with other technologists as scheduled
- Maintains a general working knowledge of the provision of Diagnostic Imaging services - policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.
Physical Demands Analysis
- Required Occasionally – lifting and carrying, pushing/pulling
- Required Occasionally – standing and walking on hard surfaces
- Required Occasionally – walking, crouching/squatting
- Required Frequently –bending/stooping, bending, twisting/turning, reaching
- Required Frequently - handling objects, gripping/grasping, neck, elbow, shoulder and wrist movement, reaching
- Required Frequently – fine finger movement