Greater Vancouver Community Services Society is currently looking for casual Community Living Workers with the right combination of passion, skills, and dedication to support our group home residents with developmental disabilities.
Schedule: For casual positions, we require a general availability and you will be called for shifts.
Location: For casual positions, we ask that you are available to work at all locations in Vancouver, North Vancouver, and Richmond
Wage: Our casual positions have a starting rate of $22.38 + an additional 9.6% in lieu of paid vacation
- Comprehensive personal care
- Community involvement – such as going bowling, attending music therapy, and shopping
- Assistance with activities of daily living
- 24/7 monitoring to ensure client health and safety
- Post-secondary certificate in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Current "Emergency Community Care" First aid and Cardio-pulmonary (CPR) certification
- Valid Class 4 BC Driver's License (restricted or unrestricted) is desirable
Who are we and what do we offer?
Since 1988, GVCSS has offered specialized care and supervision for individuals with profound physical and developmental disabilities through the operation of six group homes in the Lower Mainland
The GVCSS Community Living Program is proud to have been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) since 2006.
- A unionized work environment and compensation
- Ongoing training and skills upgrading
- Up-to-date mobile communication technology
- All Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) supplied
We thank you in advance for your application but only qualified individuals will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information: www.gvcss.bc.ca
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.38 per hour
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care
We are proud to announce we have had zero COVID outbreaks. During this time of the COVID-19 pandemic, we remain committed to the health and safety of our employees by providing all PPE as required and supporting our employees.
- Class 4 Drivers License (Preferred)
- BC Care Aid Registration (Preferred)
- First Aid & CPR (Required)