What your week looks like:
Woodbine Entertainment Group is seeking a skilled individual to join our Warehouse team at Woodbine Racetrack. This position will be responsible for providing prompt, friendly and courteous service to our internal customers and contribute to the overall profitability of our business through efficient management of product flow throughout the outlets. Success in this role will be demonstrated through your courteous demeanor, outstanding and knowledgeable service and your ability to meet our internal customer and outlet needs!
What you'll do:
- Provide prompt, friendly and courteous service to internal customers at all times
- Address all product and service needs, requests and concerns promptly
- Maintain clean service and work areas at all times to ensure safe and easy access to and delivery of product
- Uphold company Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Excellence and Accountability
- Examine and verify freshness, quality and quantity of product upon delivery to outlet with recipient
- Ensure FIFO method of inventory is consistently practiced
- Adhere to security and stock control procedures and protocols
- Prepare daily stock orders for food outlets
- Required to escort maintenance or service personal for equipment repair and or inspections
- Unload, unpack and allocate product to appropriate kitchens, storage areas, fridges and freezers following safe food handling procedures
- Load and transport merchandise according to requisitions to required locations in a timely manner
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Warehouse, Stockroom and floor areas including waste removal
- Consult with Supervisors to ensure outlet/customer needs are met with accuracy and efficiency
- Identify and request repairs necessary to working equipment
- Consistently uphold and demonstrate safety rules and standards as designated by Hospitality Department
- Identify and recommend opportunities that would contribute to operational improvement
A Storied Past and an Exciting Future
Join our Great Place to Work certified organization today!
Guided by our Values and Beliefs, Woodbine Entertainment commits to providing an authentic and empowering work experience!
As a world-class racing industry leader, we need passionate and exceptional people to join us as we create a sustainable future for horse racing while transforming our sites into premier gaming, recreation, work / life and entertainment facilities.
Working together as part of a united team, our people play a vital role in creating an exciting future for our company and the sport of horse racing in Ontario. Please reach out if you're ready to embrace change and be part of a new breed of experience while working for one of Canada’s certified Great Places to Work!
What we're looking for:
- Minimum secondary school - Grade 12 education
- Previous experience in Food and Beverage industry
- Experience in warehouse - shipping and receiving environment an asset
- Certified in WHIMIS
- Experience with PC network and associated business software an asset
- Sound knowledge of safe food handling, health and safety procedures and sanitation
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (oral and written)
- Ability to lift more than 40lbs
- May be required to obtain A.G.C.O. licence
Woodbine Entertainment Group is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process in a work environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.If you are contacted by a member of our team, please advise if you require any accommodation with respect to WEG’s recruitment, selection and or/assessment process used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
So what’s the first step to your exciting new career with WEG?
We are accepting online applications and welcome all qualified people interested in this opportunity. While we appreciate and value all applicants, only those who will be selected to interview will be contacted.
Woodbine Entertainment Group is committed to supporting an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process in a work environment where all employees feel valued, respected and supported.
If you are contacted by a member of our team, please advise if you require any accommodation with respect to WEG’s recruitment, selection and or/assessment process used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.73 /hour
- warehouse: 1 year (Required)