Trecan Combustion Limited is an engineering and manufacturing company specializing in industrial combustion related products. Our main products are industrial Snowmelters with customers from airports and cities to contractors and institutions. Visit www.trecan.com to learn more about the company.
- Millwright (or apprentice) or industrial mechanic or heavy duty mechanic a must
- Minimum of four years’ experience
- Ability to read and interpret shop drawings and diagrams
- Ability to work as a team player with a positive attitude
- Ability to ensure timely execution of tasks and completion of assigned jobs.
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, shop foremen and managers to ensure that projects are completed properly.
- Working safely is a condition of employment.
- Read and interpret hydraulic and fuel drawings.
- Read and interpret assembly work instructions and parts lists.
- Follow the supplied instructions and use effective work practises in properly assembling all components and fitting.
- Effectively use subassemblies, tools, and materials when completing assigned work.
- Check work after completion to ensure proper and safe function is possible.
- Test assembled equipment, following procedures in the testing checklist.
- Assist with facility and equipment maintenance, when requested from time to time.
- Work in uncomfortable environments including loud noise levels and occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- May lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Ensure all labour time is accurately recorded or logged in the time/labour tracking system to reflect the current job.
- Whenever receiving an ITP (inspection test plan) or work order, review the requirements, follow the instructions, and sign off each step as required when complete. Ensure a Shop Foreman or Production Manager signs off where specified on the ITP.
- Ensure all activities are carried out and all tools are used in accordance with Company policies and regulatory laws and regulations.
- Ensure safety of fellow employees.
- Report any damaged equipment, faulty equipment or safety hazards to the Shop Foreman or Management.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Required:
Must provide own CSA approved steel toe boots. Trecan will provide all other PPE’s such as protective eyewear, gloves, etc.
Job type: permanent, full time, week days, hourly paid
Benefits include: Group health plan, life insurance, LTD, CI, AD&D, optional co pay RRSP plan
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- assembly: 4 years (Preferred)