We are in immediate search of licensed 4th Year Apprentice. We are a commercial electrical contractor working in the Greater Toronto area. The incumbent must be able to work independently.
This position is responsible for providing skilled labor relative to more complex electrical tasks and responsibilities associated with completing the electrical contract renovation or new building construction. Employees at this level have the ability to work independently and in a consistent manner on tasks that he/she displays proficiency. And, will report directly to a Foreman.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Completion of Intermediate Apprenticeship Training.
- 6000 hours of work as an electrical apprentice.
- More advanced knowledge of electrical theory.
- Knowledge of distribution equipment and wiring methods.
- Proficient in the use of hand and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of trade-specific tools such as benders, hydraulic, K/O Punch, Tugger, Threading Machine, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of trade-specific material and how and when to use it appropriately.
- Good knowledge of commonly used electrical codes.
- Ability to use and reference the Canadian Electrical Code Book as necessary.
- Able to read, interpret and understand electrical or architectural blueprints and drawings.
- Ability to use elevated work platforms safely.
- Tenacity and the determination to get things done.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead the work of others.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to troubleshoot issues independently.
- Valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
- Good communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to get along with others.
- Company offers group benefits and deferred profit sharing
- **Salary is commensurate with experience**
- **Will work in the Greater Toronto area**
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
Salary: $27.84 to $34.03 /hour
- electrical apprentice: 3 years (Required)
- high-rise: 1 year (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Etobicoke, ON (Preferred)
- OCOT Membership (Preferred)