Systems Engineer, Ottawa, Canada (On-Site)
With over 45,000 employees, Leonardo (https://www.leonardo.com/en/home) is a global technology organisation and a key player in the international defence and security market. Leonardo Canada - Electronics is expanding in Canada - join our motivated, competent, and driven professionals ! We offer a competitive compensation package and a work environment that supports, encourages, and challenges its employees to grow personally.
(*) This role will require in person attendance at our location on Queensview Drive in Ottawa for the first 6 months due to programme security classification
Our new Systems Engineer will actively contribute to the ongoing design and product development of our core products within the Electronics Warfare domain. As a member of the engineering team, you will integrate into our growing agile scrum team. You will provide guidance and technical direction to the project team throughout the project life cycle, execute the project system engineering effort within the allotted budget the timeframe and create and maintain the project systems documentation and deliverables.
You bring a blend of systems engineering skills, Verification and Validation knowledge and mission awareness to better understand the customer needs.
What We Are Looking For:
- Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and standards, including Systems and Software requirements;
- Support the development and allocation of system level requirements;
- Review, develop and document system level concepts of operation concepts and mission statements;
- Support the project team addressing requirements, design, integration, and test issues;
- Support system/product integration;
- Verify and validate system designs and implementation to ensure conformance with functional and performance specifications and customer requirements; and
- Develop test case and provide traceability against system/software requirements;
The “nice to haves”:
- Experience working as a system engineer on software systems;
- Experience in authoring and formatting technical documentation;
- Experience in UML Design (preferably IBM Rhapsody)
- Experience in engaging pertinent stakeholders to elicit, elaborate and manage functional and non-functional requirements for new and existing functionality;
- Experience in project execution processes from requirements through commissioning and support;
- Experience with projects involving systems integration, systems testing and multiple Software Development Life Cycles; and
- Experience working within systems engineering processes governing change and configuration management.
- Experience in the conduct of testing, use of automated test tools, requirements review, and structured testing techniques;
- Experience with Model-Based System Engineering (MSBE) practices;
- Ability to communicate effectively and convey ideas/information one-on-one and group settings; and
- Comfortable presenting and demonstrating to stakeholders (including customers and senior management).
It is a condition of employment that the successful candidate receive a NATO secret level security clearance.
To obtain such a clearance, the candidate:
- Must be either a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident of Canada;
- Must have lived in Canada continuously for the past 10 years & not have a criminal record;
- Must be able to obtain a Canadian Industrial Security Clearance to SECRET level;
- Must be eligible for Controlled Goods Regulations Program (CGRP) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Good to know:
Group benefits are 100% Company-Paid from first day on the job (including dependents)
Group Health, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan (LifeWorks), Out-of-Province travel, E-A-P
Industry-leading Vacation entitlements
Generous Paid Personal Leave & additional Company Holidays
Dynamic Flex-time policy
Remote & Office work flexibility
Annual Incentive bonus programme
Exceptional Employee Referral programme
Professional Development and Credentialing support - internal (Coursera) and external opportunities
Exceptional professional environment:
you'll join a team of some of the best talent in the business (!)
Special needs of candidates with disabilities will be accommodated. Successful candidates must fulfil requirements for Canadian Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and Canadian Security Clearance. Leonardo supports the principles of employment equity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Leonardo Canada - Electronics has a mandatory vaccination policy currently in place with accommodations based on the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Please apply to this position as indicated.
Visit us at https://leonardocompany.ca/ (https://leonardocompany.ca/)