NEWREST IN CANADA:
Our clients are leading airlines companies such as Air Canada Jazz, American Airlines, Aero Mexico, Air France KLM, Saudia Airlines, Turkish Airlines, Egyptair, Ethiopian Airlines, and Brussels Airline.
Newrest has 3 major operational units based in Toronto, Montreal & Calgary.
These units, specialized in airline catering & buy-on-board are successfully growing and we are looking for new talents to reinforce and develop our business.
Newrest is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Apply today and be a part of our team, delivering exceptional catering services and food products to top–notch airlines all around the world!
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR CANDIDATES WHO ARE ALREADY IN CANADA WITH A VALID DOCUMENT TO WORK.
This role will work closely with the Warehouse Manager, your direct supervisor.
This role with the help of your assistants will be focused on following duties:
- Organize and plan the work of the warehouse labourers;
- Manage a team of warehouse workers and equipment clerks;
- Manage their daily schedules;
- Communicate any problem with unit manager (operational or disciplinary);
- Complete traceability documents;
- Unpack and store products in various storage areas in accordance with of FIFO rules;
- Perform material outputs in accordance with good hygiene and manufacturing practices;
- Daily inventory control (quantity, breakage, DLC, visual product, protection product ...) ;
- Check temperatures of different cold chambers (positive and negative);
- Supervise and monitor inventories;
- Monitor incoming and outgoing stocks, coordinate activities with production departments;
- Monitor deadlines for food consumption;
- Conduct inventories of stocks every weekend;
- Oversee updates of orders, receipt of goods and inputs warehouse data into the system;
- Manage waste;
- Respect the rules of hygiene and safety regulations.
Domain of intervention – General duties of the Warehouse & Equipment Departments:
The Manager supervises other employees. These teams perform the following tasks:
We Are Looking For:
- Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation
- Rotate product as appropriate, provide designated items to appropriate department
- Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
- Conduct inbound processes of new merchandise in accordance with guidelines and following all prescribed procedures, ability to understand specificities for each airline
- Perform all day-to-day warehouse/ inventory activities, physical and administrative handling of merchandise
- Take appropriate action to label, store, sort, dispose merchandise as instructed
- Inform Warehouse Team Lead, Lead-Hand or Manager of daily activity and/or any issues/concerns
- Requires to be on their feet working while clocked in, unless on break
- Assist in maintaining Security and Health and Safety requirements
- Ensure adherence to procedural and policy requirements
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area
- Preferred experience in a similar position.
- Ability to stand for long periods
- Ability to read in English, write in English, speak in English
- Good knowledge of HACCP is an asset (training will be provided otherwise)
- Ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work on weekends