Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career in Assurance with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of accounting and financial services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with well respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
As an Accountant, Privately Held Business Group your responsibilities will include:
- Building our reputation as the preferred business advisors in our growing practice
- Providing accounting services, including planning and executing review and compilation engagement, drafting of financial statements, financial analysis, bookkeeping and assistance with payroll and HST calculations
- Completion of personal and corporate tax returns and responding to related CRA requests for information
- Collaborating with colleagues to provide exceptional service to clients under varying reporting frameworks across different industries and sectors
- Providing timely feedback to team members on diverse engagements
- Other duties as required
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be an Accountant, Privately Held Business Group? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Completed post-secondary degree/diploma or equivalent professional experience
- Previous experience in public practice accounting would be an asset
- Experience in tax return preparation would be an asset
- Strong focus on exceptional client service and relationships
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Proven problem solver with solid analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions
- Ability to successfully work independently and as part of a team
- Experience mentoring and coaching team members considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite
- Experience with Accounting software applications with ability to quickly grasp new technology tools
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?