Signal & Communications Support - Fault Controller (Rail Communication Systems), Oakville, ON
RailTerm is a diversified, safety oriented, rail services contractor with operations throughout North America. We provide custom service solutions to railway operators who wish to outsource mission-critical activities.
This opportunity is for you if…
…you are motivated by troubleshooting railway control and communications related systems and enjoy the satisfaction associated with resolving issues in a safety critical operations environment…
What’s in it for you?
- Industry leading base salary and benefits;
- You will be working at a newly built, state-of-the-art transit control centre;
- Play a key role in the safe and reliable operation of a world class public transit system;
- Continuous opportunities to train on new technologies used in signalling and rail traffic control;
- An incentive compensation program;
- Generous referral incentives during mobilization phase;
- Monthly public transit pass;
- A full-time and permanent opportunity.
The S&C Fault Controller is responsible for real-time first-line support for all systems, communication links and assets on which Rail Traffic Control depends to ensure safe and timely resolution of faults to minimize the impact on train service. This position is based in Oakville, ON.
- Act as a first point of contact for S&C and RTC system/asset support and faults, mainly over the phone;
- Monitor equipment using available tools to proactively identify faults;
- Assist end users where the issue relates to training and/or system knowledge;
- Maintain an electronic fault log;
- Dispatch appropriate maintenance providers and manage the resolution process to conclusion;
- Participate in the troubleshooting of reported faults under guidance of the maintenance providers;
- Attend periodic service review meetings to discuss faults and resolution times.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years experience with CTC signalling systems;
- Ability to analyze data;
- Ability to work under pressure and quickly react to issues;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written English);
- Strong organizational and task prioritization skills.
- College diploma in the field of electronics or IT;
- Experience and/or good understanding of railway signaling and communications systems;
- Relevant experience in IT related equipment;
- Experience with asset management systems for linear infrastructure.
If you believe you have what it takes to take on this challenge, click on "APPLY NOW" to submit your application.
Note that only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, RailTerm will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. Please inform the recruiter of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- CTC signaling systems: 3 years (Required)