Polaris Travel Clinic and Pharmacy in Airdrie is accepting applications for a part time medical office assistant. The schedule for this position will be every Tuesday and Wednesday from noon-730pm and also some Thursdays or Fridays from 900am-430pm. The successful candidate will be scheduled for a half time equivalent (5 shifts every 2 weeks - every Tues and Wed and an additional Thurs or Fri).
Our clinic sees patients in advance of their travel, and we provide consultations, immunizations, prescriptions and other travel-related retail items. Our office looks and feels like a physician`s office even though it is considered a pharmacy.
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the daily operation of the clinic, which includes the following:
- Greet people
- Answer, screen and forward telephone calls
- Schedule and confirm appointments
- Receive and issue payments
- Order office supplies
- Provide support to clinical operations, including maintaining inventory
- If interested, there may be opportunities to work and develop our social media platforms, help with marketing and building relationships with our corporate clients.
- Education as an administrative assistant or medical office assistant is preferred but not necessarily required.
- Experience in working in a pharmacy or medical clinic is an asset.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive attitude are essential
- Strong communication skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work both independently with minimum or no supervision and in a team environment
- Good organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail is very important
- Professionalism and ability to maintain patient confidentiality at all times
We will provide a competitive wage and benefits package, a chance to advance your skills, and flexibility regarding hours and holidays. We want to give you the freedom to be yourself.
Job Type: Part-time
Job Type: Part-time