Reporting to Management Supervisor, Distribution Centre, the Warehouse Worker I may be assigned to assemble outgoing liquor orders, maintain equipment and the Distribution Centre and load or unload Trucks in the areas of shipping, receiving, and/or Repack.
- Assess order to determine logical picking sequence based on Distribution Centre layout - slot number and quantity.
- Accurately pick items for the order, build and secure cases for loads, and operate all machinery, in a safe and timely manner.
- Examine damaged cases for breakage or missing product and reseal if none found.
- Report missing product and breakages to Foreperson.
- Check off items as picked and verify orders as complete to shipper.
- Deposit completed orders in the appropriate staging area of the Distribution Centre.
- Remove empty pallets once the last case is taken from the pick location.
- Accurately pick repack orders for assembly with rest of order.
- Perform daily pre-shift inspection on machines.
- Operate hand jacks and electric pallet movers in a safe and responsible manner.
- Check battery weekly and charge batteries on a daily basis.
- Maintain cleanliness in the Distribution Centre by cleaning up any observed breakage.
- Unload product onto pallets ensuring proper pallet patterns are utilized.
- Use pallet jacks to load trucks making efficient use of available space.
- Act in positions of higher classifications as directed.
- Participate in cycle counts.
- Follow all established Distribution Centre procedures as directed.
- Perform other Distribution Centre duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School (Grade 12) Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- A working knowledge of warehousing operations and Universal Product Coding.
- Maintain a valid license for pallet truck.
- An ability to operate hand jacks and electric pallet jacks in a safe and responsible manner.
- An awareness of proper lifting techniques and safe materials handling procedures.
- One (1) month of prior Distribution Centre experience.
- Must be physically fit and capable of performing all duties of the position as determined by a physical/medical assessment.
- The core competencies for this position include achieving quality results, adaptability/managing change, communication, customer service, decision
making and problem solving, integrity and building trust, teamwork and cooperation and valuing diversity. These competencies are deemed
important for the success of the position and organization.
- One month of prior Distribution Centre experience, plus one month of on the job experience
- Bilingual (French/English) language skills.
Bargaining Unit: MGEU
Location: Buffalo Place
Individuals should apply by completing our online application form at www.mbll.ca/jobs
All applications are due by: March 9, 2019.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.65 /hour