Our Burnaby, Fort St John and Prince George offices have positions available starting Spring 2019 for seasonal Archaeologists to participate in archaeological fieldwork. Burnaby office position may be contract only.
Primary Responsibility - to assist Archaeological Field Directors in conducting archaeological field work, including but not limited to:
- Active participation in archaeological field assessments;
- Adhering to ARCHER CRM Partnership’s OH&S and Quality Assurance programs;
- Acquiring field experience and knowledge from senior staff with the intention of taking on further responsibilities within the organization;
- Upon demonstrated ability, assist Field Director(s) with any/all fieldwork tasks and responsibilities;
- May involve frequent travel to other ARCHER CRM Partnership offices and job sites.
Preference given to those with the following skills/experience:
- Demonstrated ability to take effective field notes;
- Demonstrated ability to navigate;
- Field experience (field school, co-op term, field assistant);
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidanceandin a team environment;
- Basic understanding of lithic technology, GPS terminology and mapping techniques;
- Safe operation of 4X4 vehicles, ATV, snowmobiles, and other devices;
- Experienced with computers as it relates to MS Office software (Word, Excel, Access);
- Awareness of applicable government regulations and map production protocols;
- Preference will be given to Fort St John applicants that meet the qualifications of theNorth Focus program .
- Valid Class 5 Driver Licence;
- Canadian Citizen;
- Consistent availability to work away from home office at remote job sites and offices
- Undergraduate degree in Archaeology/Anthropology/Earth Sciences;
- Candidates not willing to relocate to a close proximity to one of our offices may still be considered if they are willing to cover all travel and accommodation costs directly related to their remote location.
- First Aid Level 1 and Transportation Endorsement;
- H2S, WHMIS, TDG;
- ATV Rider Safety & Snow Pro;
- Bear Aware.
- Wage commensurate with demonstrated experience.
No telephone inquiries. References must be submitted with CV.
Questions & expressions of interest are to be forwarded to jobs at (@) archercrm.ca , or by fax to 1.250.261.5474.
Job Type: Full-time
- Archaeological Field: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- English (Required)