Job title :
PATIENT AMBASSADOR – KAMLOOPS, B.C.
OVERLANDER EXTENDED CARE
Overlander Extended Care in Kamloops, B.C. is seeking a Casual Patient Ambassador to join their team! If you have graduated from Grade 12, plus one year's recent experience, apply today!
This position performs a variety of clerical duties such as:
Hours of work:
- Identifies if a visit is essential by communicating with all people who present at points of entry for the assigned entrance or site by following the script and documentation provided for the role.
- Explains Interior Health entrance restrictions as required and asks self-assessment questions.
- Provides direction to essential patients and the public regarding the locations of various departments and services.
- Follows established communication channels to raise concerns to site leadership.
- Cultivates as safe an environment as possible for those entering the facility, while still adhering to infection prevention protocols and directions, violence prevention, and cultural safety training.
- Maintains records on visitor admissions as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Rotating Days - 08:00 to 16:00, 09:00 to 17:00. This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
** Please note that this opportunity is not expected to extend past August 31, 2022.
Education, Training and Experience:
Grade 12, one year recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Ability to work effectively with others.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- This posting is for a position at a facility covered by the Provincial Health Officer’s Single Site Order and selected applicant(s) must comply with the requirements of the order