The STEM Montessori Academy of Canada (SMAC) is a regional STEM program open to all students with the mission to deliver top-notch STEM literacy and application. The STEM program will educate students from preschool to high school. The SMAC will specialize in an advanced, bar-none STEM-based educational curriculum that emphasizes the interconnected subject areas of science, technology, engineering, and math.
Languages: English, French an asset but not required
We are seeking CERTIFIED teachers to lead lessons starting October 12, 2020 (Tentative) online
Shifts: 9 am to 2 pm Monday – Friday
Compensation: Will be based on experience, subject and location. We encourage you to mention your expectations in your application
· MUST have Montessori Teaching Certificate
· Ability to teachSTEM-related course material Science Technology Engineering Math
· Montessori experience/certification
· CPR and First Aid Certification - Preferred
· Vulnerable Sector Police Clearance - A MUST
Experience: 1 year in a classroom - however new graduates encouraged to apply.
Salary: Based on Experience, Credentials and Subject
Work Setting: Private School (Online)
We have expanded our STEM program that is dedicated to teaching critical thinking and problem solving which is STEM-rich in content. With a robust program and enrichment curriculum, we are looking for STEM teachers with a passion for teaching children with the ability to think outside of the box and put the children’s needs and education first.
· Ability to plan day to day STEM activities in line with the curriculum set forth by the Director of Education
· Develop any additional course content as required based on STEM content
· Ability to utilize our video equipment for advance learning program
· Prepare, administer and correct tests when required
· Assist in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities.
· To be actively involved and contribute to the day-to-day operation of the Centre.
· Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development
· Must be able to multi-task and be willing to work with the children one on one to identify their individual learning needs
· Excellent command of English (both oral and written) with strong problem-solving skills
· Ability to deal with conflict and responsive to family and staff needs.
· Evaluate the progress of students each day and discuss results with students, parents and school officials
· Actively participate and be readily available for staff meetings and assisting in the planning of special activities for the year.
· Must be a team player willing to engage in parent/teacher interviews and cover other classes/teachers as required
· Always keep children a top priority and strive to continuous improvement
· Must hold a valid vulnerable sector police clearance check
· Must hold a valid Montessori Certificate
· Be dependable and organized
· Have excellent oral and written communication skills
**We require proof of credentials from accredited post-secondary institutions at the time of the interview.
We are strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community. We welcome and encourage applications from all religious backgrounds, persons of color, women, Indigenous/Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, and others who can contribute to the diversification of our community. Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume and a cover letter.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Montessori teaching: 1 year (Required)