Dashing Date is an established Canadian speed dating company, headquartered in Montreal. While currently in our 8th year of business, we're in an exciting and major growth period and we possess the zest, excitement and growth mindset of a young start up! We specialize in organizing high-quality, expertly curated dating experiences for single professionals who are serious about meeting someone.
WE’RE HIRING A PART-TIME EVENT COORDINATOR AND ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
We’re excited to welcome a new team member who will be integral to Dashing Date’s growth in 2020! The job is for an Event Coordinator and Creative Admin Assistant. The position is mostly remote (work from home) but you must be located in Montreal so that we can meet in person to collaborate on projects and co-work as needed. It’s part-time, averaging 20-30 hours per week, give or take, with the goal of transitioning to full-time within 6 months.
BY WORKING WITH US YOU'LL...
- Work remotely from the comfort of your own home (80% of the time)
- Have the opportunity for an exciting, unique and rewarding long-term career
- Acquire valuable skills which are in high demand for career growth in almost any field
- Be able to express yourself creatively
- Contribute to meaningful work that changes lives
- Satisfy your entrepreneurial desires
You will be the sole person responsible for our Team of Events Hosts. In this role, you:
- Hire, train and evaluate our Event Hosts on an ongoing basis
- Schedule and book hosts for all upcoming events
- Manage and build a community of Event Hosts across Canada
You will help the team with event management and customer service. In this role you:
- Help ensure that all events reach full capacity
- Monitor and oversee multiple, simultaneous events – happening live, on event night!
- Research and book venues where our events will take place
- Provide excellent customer service by responding to client needs, concerns and inquiries
- Manage and implement our annual event calendar and email marketing schedule
You will be involved with all creative work, and sometimes lead these projects. In this role you:
- Develop creative, clever and original event themes, descriptions, and icebreakers
- Write captivating, engaging and professional emails
You will help the company reach its goals!
- Expand to new cities (including the French market in Montreal)
- Reach new markets
- A flexible schedule – you’ll working remotely with a mix of set hours and flex-time on weekdays, evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Your own laptop (preferably a MacBook and in great condition)
- Excellent time management skills and is punctual and reliable
- Communicates clearly and effectively with flair and personality, both spoken and written
- Able to start, manage, and complete projects independently
- Identifies and prioritizes competing tasks and responsibilities
- Is forward-thinking and takes initiative
- Navigates and learns new software platforms and digital tools* with ease and curiosity
- Handles unexpected or challenging situations with ease, elegance and finesse
- Fluent in French and English
- Enjoys never-ending humdrum day-to-day administrative tasks, lol
*We currently use WordPress, Active Campaign, Asana and Gmail extensively, among other platforms
IT WOULD ALSO BE AN ASSET IF YOU HAD ANY OF THE FOLLOWING...
- Can create powerful, strategic and engaging marketing campaigns
- Are great with creative copywriting and content creation
- Worked in the dating industry in some capacity
- Enjoy sales – and you’re great at closing the deal!
- Have experience with funnel marketing or digital customer journeys
A fixed monthly salary that will vary based on qualifications.
IF YOU’RE QUALIFIED AND SERIOUS...
Please submit a cover letter and your C.V. by email.
Include your name and “I love speed dating” in the subject line.
One-up your competition by proposing an event theme idea for speed dating along your application.
Hint: Take a look at our upcoming events/past events to see how we do it.
Part-time hours: 20 - 30 per week, on average. (Please note that on weeks where we have events, the workload will be more. On off-event weeks, the work load will be less)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $1,200.00 to $2,000.00 /month
- Executive assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Event planning: 1 year (Preferred)