Elmira Pet Products is looking for a logistics and supply chain management guru to join our procurement and supply chain team! This full-time permanent position will work closely with the procurement and supply chain team and between departments and offers a mix of responsibility, challenge and fun!
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule and dispatch trucks for inbound materials from various suppliers.
- Source new trucking companies at competitive rates.
- Set up new logistics lanes with carriers and suppliers.
- Work with our Regulatory Department on customs clearances and documentation.
- Follow up with truckers and suppliers to ensure shipments are on time.
- Issue PO's to suppliers based on a weekly MRP output to support the production schedule.
- Work with planning and purchasing on navigating shortfalls or overages.
- Provide QA & Regulatory documentation on incoming containers, updating our ERP systems and container tracking system.
- Arrange container pick up from rail yards and ports, and delivery to warehouses.
- Work with our 3rd party warehouses to manage incoming product and shipments to the plants.
- Perform other duties as required.
- College or University level education in a related field.
- 2 to 3 years' experience in logistics and supply chain coordination and management.
- Regulatory experience is an asset.
- Ability to multi task and navigate through changes quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Computer and technology-savvy. Microsoft Office experience required, mostly Excel and Outlook. Experience working with an ERP system an asset.
What We Offer:
Not only is Elmira Pet Products a great place to start your career but it is a great place to grow your career. Many of our employees have moved into other positions with greater levels of training and responsibility. You will find that Elmira Pet Products has a lot to offer our employees including:
- Competitive compensation
- Secure employment
- Paid breaks and lunch
- Comprehensive Employee Group Benefits Plan (including health and dental, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and RRSP matching program)
- Employee Recognition and Bonus Plans
- Employee discount on Nutram Pet Food
- Fun social activities including BBQ’s and Christmas party
For more info, see our website at http://www.elmirapet.com/job-opportunities.
Application Deadline: Friday September 24, 2021 at 4:00pm
Please apply with your resume and cover letter through Indeed or through our Recruiting email (recruitingATelmirapet.ca).
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with AODA. Elmira Pet Products will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require disability-related accommodations, please inform the Human Resources staff. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Document Act.
Application deadline: 2021-09-24
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- How many years of experience do you have working in logistics and supply chain coordination? What industries have you worked in?
- Do you have experience working with regulatory affairs departments?
- What is your highest level of education?