Blue Sky Hemp Ventures Ltd. (BSHV) is a private Canadian company founded in 2017 with the vision of becoming world leaders in whole hemp plant utilization (food, industrial products and nutraceuticals). BSHV's business plan is based on a ‘triple bottom line’ philosophy of driving value for people and the planet while delivering profits to our farming partners and shareholders.
BSHV’s initial operations are located near Rosetown and in Saskatoon. The Rosetown location handles industrial hemp plant material for use in extraction and fiber applications. The Saskatoon facility processes industrial hemp seed into food products for global sale and distribution. BSHV is well positioned to be one of the largest hemp processors in Canada.
Blue Sky Hemp Ventures Ltd. is looking for a Grower Relations and Supply Manager working out of Saskatoon.
Blue Sky requires an enthusiastic and diligent individual to coordinate and manage the relationships between Blue Sky and its contracted growers. Blue Sky works with hemp producers throughout western Canada to contract and procure hemp seed and plant material for processing and sale. As the Grower Relations and Supply Manager, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Become the first contact for both contracted and interested growers, communicating potential purchasing and contracting terms and requirements;
- Develop and manage systems to track contracted production, harvest results and quality measurements including seed and plant sampling (working closely with Quality Assurance team);
- Advise Operations on best sources for immediate supply needs, and communicate seed and plant procurement notices to growers;
- Work with agronomic team to help communicate production and harvest procedures to growers;
- Track contracted production in a digital geo-spatial system;
- Arrange seed and plant transport logistics, including seed cleaning and plant drying at designated facilities;
- Maintain a database of contracted growers, potential growers and uncontracted product available on the market, and monitor and track prices;
- Work with management to develop contract and pricing strategy for upcoming seasons and manage the execution of contracts with Growers.
Required Skills, Training & Experience
- Post-secondary education in Commerce, Agriculture or Agribusiness is required;
- Experience in broad-acre agricultural production on the Canadian prairies is required, either in service industries related to agriculture and/or actual production is required;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Strong computer literacy is required, including comfort with spreadsheets and various business system software;
- Experience with geo-spatial software is an asset, especially as it relates to agricultural production;
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the Canadian prairies as required to meet with growers and monitor production in-season;
- The ability to drive and to work remotely or independently from home or otherwise, although you will have some access to flexible workspace in Saskatoon;
- Physically fit and capable of being physically active for a significant portion of the day.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- broad acre agricultural: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Saskatoon, SK (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Required)