Lakeland Log and Timber is Saskatchewan’s premier Log and Timber supplier. We specialize in custom handcrafted and milled log packages serving customers across North America. We have built log structures that range in size from cozy little cabins by the lake to very large and intricate homes and commercial business structures. In addition, Lakeland Log and Timber’s sawmill produces the finest rough-cut dimensional lumber to serve multiple industries.
Position- Operations Manager
Reporting to the General Manager, you will be responsible for daily administration to support all activities of the business. You will play an integral role with respect to the operational success of the business.
This position will be Monday – Friday. 8am to 4pm, located at the Lakeland Log and Timber site, Christopher Lake, SK.
Successful candidate will have the following key competencies:
· Extensive customer service experience and strong interpersonal skills
· Experience working in construction industry
· Knowledge of and ability to read construction plans and blue prints
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent time management skills, ability to meet deadlines with minimal supervision
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
· Ability to think critically and make independent decisions
Key Job Duties
· Ability to respond to client inquires via email and/or by phone
· Guide clients through the purchase process
· Provide client information to draft person to prepare construction plans
· Establish pricing and present the quote and contract to the client
· Take confirmed order and implement work order for production
· Coordinate work schedule for completion and delivery
· Meet with clients at the facility and various construction sites as necessary
· Organize home shows and other advertising initiatives
· Manage inquiries for purchases of subdivision lots and related construction contract
· Maintaining the Office filing system and site records as required including; contractual documents, drawings, sub trade contract files and request for information.
· Provide guidance to accounting staff with respect to receiving, reviewing, approving and categorizing vendor invoices
· Manage customer quotes, invoicing and accounts receivable collections
· Oversee job costing (material and labour cost management)
· Assist the General Manager with administration of the forestry (wood harvest) operations including planning, harvesting and hauling functions
· Assist the General Manager in sourcing private and out of province wood
This opportunity provides a competitive compensation package and group benefit plan.
Relocation expenses and/or housing to be negotiated.
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume
Please include in your cover letter why you are interested in the job and which skills, experience, and/or education make you an excellent candidate for Lakeland Log and Timber.
The start date is as soon as the successful candidate is available.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates with cover letters and resumes who fit the needs of the company will be contacted.
Open until suitable candidate is hired.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent