Unit 3 - 75 Lesmill Road, Toronto, Ontario, M3B 2T8
Take ownership and find more ways to care about our local store owners in a career at Shoppers Drug Mart Central Office / Store Support. Provide great service, specific expertise and actionable advice to support Associate-Owners and their staff in delivering the best health, beauty and convenience services to Canadians.
Why this role is important?
We are excited to be hiring an Internship position here at Shoppers Drug Mart within our Accounting and Finance group supporting our Medisystem pharmacy business. This is your opportunity to gain valuable, hands-on experience that will prove useful throughout your career.
What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Need:
- Responsible for supporting the Finance Manager and A/R supervisor with day to day accounting and financial tasks
- Investigate financial queries within our Lawson and SAP ERP systems
- Assist with the follow-up and tracking of cost centre expenses
- Perform variance analysis on P&L accounts at each period-end
- Help prepare and send out monthly customer billing
- Give top notch customer service to our Medisystem operations team
- Any additional analysis or project work as requested by the Director and VP
- Actively pursuing a University degree or College diplomat in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Hands-on experience and willingness to learn advance features using Microsoft Office products such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to work well independently and/or in a team environment
- Motivated and determined to pursue excellence, deliver on commitments and aim towards success
- Confident in problem-solving skills
- Must have good communication, presentation, and multi-tasking skills
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. , we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Type of Role:
Seasonal (Fixed Term) (Seasonal)
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.