Job Statement: The Supply Chain Manager is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of the Purchasing and Material Planning & Inventory functions as well as Production Scheduling, Logistics and Shipping.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the facility.
- Leads the overall integration of (1) Purchasing, (2) Material Planning, (3) Scheduling, (4) Warehouse/Inventory Control and (5) Logistics/Shipping to ensure the total acquisition cycle is managed and efficient.
- Regularly reviews existing (and/or launches) new supply chain workflows to ensure successful completion of all supply chain duties.
- Regularly reviews scheduling methods and provides suggestions in order to continuously improve scheduling system.
- Regularly reviews forecasting/demand analysis, ensuring processes and methods are followed.
- Accountable for ensuring that inventory levels for the plant are monitored closely. Review and address excess and obsolete and on hold inventories.
- Develop operational linkages between actual use of raw materials and replenishment.
- Provides recommendations to the team for balance and how to adjust production plan as appropriate to maximize production efficiencies.
- Analyze trends in supplier data/performance and identify opportunities to maximize profit, minimize costs, recommend value-added business solutions and determine potential areas for improvement and growth.
- Conducts quarterly supplier performance reviews for critical commodity suppliers.
- Conducts annual supplier survey to help calibrate efforts and maximize their contribution.
- Establish and refine Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) for the entire Supply Chain team and ensure that a program is in place to continuously monitor the performance and adherence of those procedures
- Establish metrics and translate into individual performance criteria and perform supply chain team evaluations
- Coordinate the preparation of reports as required by Sr. Management
- Work with the Controller in the preparation of annual budgets and action plans
- Lead the KPI process and continuous improvements that support the overall drive to lean operations within the supply chain
- Liaises with Engineering, Manufacturing, Finance and Quality to ensure multi-disciplined resources are managed within the supply engagement cycle
- May be required to stand/sit/walk for long periods of time.
- Will be required to engage in bending, stooping, squatting and ladder climbing.
- Due to the environment, must be able to work in various weather and temperature conditions which include extreme heat, humidity and cold.
- Must be able to work in tight or enclosed spaces
- May be required to lift heavy objects (up to 25 kg or 50 lbs).
Health and Safety
- Conduct all Job Tasks in a Safe and Responsible manner.
- Participate in all Health and Safety, GMP and HACCP training as required.
- Report any accidents, incidents and unsafe/hazardous conditions.
- Report any damages of property and machinery.
- Ensure that you understand how and when to use the Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) that is located in your work area.
- Ensure you comply with OHSA, WSIB, MOL regulations and/or laws that govern “workers” responsibilities in the workplace (covered during orientation – section 28 of the OHSA i.e. “Green Book”) and Comply with Tradition Fine Foods Ltd. Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices, and HACCP Programs.
- 7+ years progressive experience in a key leadership/management role(s) in a manufacturing facility.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) to analyze data and trends.
- Experience with SAP Batch Master will be an asset
- Previous experience/broad understanding of safety systems and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production and maintenance needs.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening ability.
- A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, negotiating and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
- Highly motivated, results oriented with an ability to multi-task
- Have thorough understanding of distribution/supplier/vendor networks
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understand marketing and product merchandising concepts
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $95,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Do you have experience managing Supply Chain in a Manufacturing industry?
- Supply Chain: 6 years (preferred)