Provide unparalleled customer service while achieving operational excellence in a high-volume order fulfillment parts warehouse/distribution centre environment. Processes order requirements to identify item(s) to be safely received, picked, packed and shipped based on established company policies/procedures. Operate appropriate material handling equipment and warehouse management technology in a safe manner to meet or exceed key operating metrics.
- Appropriately and safely receive, pick, pack and ship orders as prescribed by business demands.
- Responsibilities may include receiving product from vendors and binning into appropriate locations
- Load and unload materials to and from designated storage areas, such as racks, shelves, vehicles, or trailers.
- Use industrial tools and equipment to prepare products for picking, packing, and shipping to meet work order specifications.
- Prepare items for shipping in a manner that will prevent shifting or damaging items being transported
- Transport material to and from designated areas, by hand or using dollies, hand trucks, or other equipment
- Secure lifting attachments to materials and convey load to destination in a safe manner.
- Sort or store items according to specifications
- Read work orders and/or receive, listed, and follow oral or written instructions to determine work assignments
- Attach identifying tags or mark information of product or materials.
- Record quantity, value, or location of parts received or shipped.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock; adjust for errors or investigate discrepancies.
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, facility, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety requirements and general housekeeping.
- Operate material handling equipment safely (awareness of others, not hitting racking, etc.) to pick up incoming shipments or shipment parts to designated locations, as assigned
- Employees may be assigned to other work activities in the distribution center based on business needs.
Qualifications that a candidate MUST possess in order to gain consideration for this position:
- Positive Attitude and Ethics and Navistar's Values are MUST standard objectives for all Navistar open positions. Positive Attitude and Ethics and Navistar Values support our company values and healthy, high performance culture
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent
- Language Skills: **
- Basic communication skills
- Mathematical Skills:
- *Basic arithmetic
- Reasoning Ability: **
- Basic reasoning ability
- Physical Demands: **
- Above average physical demands
- Heavy lifting
- Must pass POET’s
- Work Environment: **
- Fast paced environment
Job Type: Full-time
- Picking, Packing & Shipping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Required)
- English (Preferred)