At AgMedica Bioscience Inc.(AgMedica), we all feel fortunate to be living in this great country and investing our time, efforts, resources and passion on something that is and will continue to make an enormous impact on people’s well-being, their healthcare options, as well as, the trusted availability of a safe, efficient and quality cannabis product right from the start. We are also continuous learners, always looking to surpass boundaries and deliver a “best-in-class” experience for the great people we will serve across all diverse communities.
AGMEDICA is currently seeking a Regulatory Compliance Officer. Working under the direction of the General Counsel and as a key support to the AgMedica Regulatory team, they will be responsible for communicating with Health Canada, informing and advising on regulatory changes and compliance. As a subject matter expert on the Cannabis Act, Narcotics Control Regulation (NCR), Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA) and all other pertinent legislation, the Regulatory Compliance Officer will develop AgMedica’s regulatory structure, ensuring its policies, procedures, quality management system and reporting practices surpass all regulatory requirements.
- Always adhere to AgMedica Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to ensure quality and efficacy in all activities;
- Be Subject Matter Expert and lead on all regulatory information, as holder of regulatory/government relationships, share recommendations and feedback from various external regulators, including Health Canada, EU, and GMP auditors on changes to regulations, Regulator/auditor expectations, updates and upcoming changes/challenges;
- Manage the licensed and application stage site’s communication with Heath Canada, ensure each project is submitted in a timely fashion and that follow-up documents and questions are received and responded to.
- Coaches Quality Assurance and Regulatory teams, guides members with questions and challenges encountered, ensuring compliance with regulations, AgMedica’s SOPs, review of product labels, recall and adverse reaction reporting, and all other regulatory requirements;
- Participate in regular internal compliance audits and Health Canada inspections to enable standards for conformance;
- Further expand the relationship between AgMedica and Health Canada, develop and communicate submissions/applications to Health Canada along with any amendments, change notifications, recall and adverse reaction reporting, non-conformance reporting, security occurrences, and all other correspondence as required;
- Master several tasks and timelines at once while being organized and having attention to detail;
- Proactively trouble shoot, problem solve and complete projects independently with appropriate direction and feedback, be point of contact with Health Canada;
- Work in partnership with all AgMedica teams, mentoring and coaching - advising on regulations and compliance goals to support business strategy;
- Oversee the production of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for Health Canada as stated by regulation.
- Post Secondary in legal, political science or other relevant education.
- 5-7 years experience in a GMP and highly controlled environment working in regulatory compliance, preference to individuals with experience working with Health Canada.
- Keen research and investigative skills.
- Experience in and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) considered an asset.
- Strong IT knowledge and skills, including superior use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrate necessary comprehension of the English language.
AGMEDICA values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We offer an inclusive work environment and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. AgMedica is a living wage employer, we are committed to fair and accessible employment practices, which attract and retain talented employees. Should you require accommodations during any point of the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at 844-247-4633.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Human Resource Manager.
We thank all candidates; however, we will respond to those that best fit the requirements of the position. As we are a growing organization, all resumes will be maintained in our database for consideration for future positions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Regulatory: 5 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)